The Secret Of Internet Censorship In China
- In: Internet
- Comments Off on The Secret Of Internet Censorship In China
As we know, whether blog or forum is censored in China, we can say nothing in China. What can be said and what can not be said, is a question for us all, today I will introduce you to some of the legal base in China, “Computer Information Network and Internet Security Protection and Management Regulations”
The management regulations is by the State Council of China on 11th December 1997 approved and promulgated by the Ministry of Public Security in China on 30 December 1997. It is a legal basis. This regulation is a detailed definition of “harmful information” the specific meaning, publication of “harmful information” is prohibited. So what is information “harmful”?
Under Section five provides the law that no person may use the Internet to create, replicate, retrieve or spread of types of information:
(1) The incentive to resist and break the constitution or the laws or the implementation of laws;
Obviously, these nine categories of information harmful information. I think in a word, any threat to social stability are the statements “harmful information”. Who will “publish harmful information” is illegal. This is censorship of the Internet, “China” If you knew about it, you can understand these strange things in cyberspace, China.
(To throw 2) incitement to the government or the socialist system;
(3) inciting division of the country, harming national unification;
(4) Incentives damage to hatred or discrimination among nationalities or the unity of the nationalities;
(5) and falsehoods or distorting the truth, spread rumors, destroying the order of society;
(6) promoting feudal superstitions, sexually suggestive material, gambling, violence, murder,
(7) terrorism or incitement to criminal activities, openly insulting other people or distorting the truth, slander people;
(8) Violation of the reputation of the state organs;
(9) Other activities against the Constitution, laws or regulations.